PVI’s approach to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality (HSSEQ) management mirrors that of our clients. Our leadership commitment and workforce are committed to upholding the highest standards of business management. Our team strives for excellence across all service areas and carry out regular audits to ensure best practice implementation.
- Success verification through positive accident performance rates, zero prosecutions and high standards of third party assessment against international ISO standards.
- Dynamic HSSEQ risk management arrangements compliment our clients’ duty of care expectations, with a personal and bespoke approach.
- Commitment to delivering our programme ‘PVI Realising Zero – achieving recognisable days free from accidents’ on-board our clients vessels.
- Ethical and Sustainable vision & codes of conduct synergise with our supply chain.
- Placing the safety of our clients’ workforce and working environment at the very heart of our security service provision.
- Resolute commitment to HSSEQ training levels of excellence, allowing us to achieve exceptional behavioural safety & security standards.
Regulatory best practice
In our operations in the UK and internationally, PVI strives to achieve the highest regulatory standards and continually follow best practice.
- Complying with the guidance laid down to Private Maritime Security Companies in the IMO’s MSC.1/Circular 1443
- Acknowledging the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Continuing to lobby the UK Government on industry-related issues such as Export Control and issues relating to the safety of seafarers
- Supporting the United Nations Global Compact
- Having flag approval from, Panama,and Germany as well as over 35 other flag states, and adhering to the stringent requirements of each flag as appropriate.
PVI/PGI holds the following UKAS approvals:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- ISO 28000:2007 and ISO 28007-1 2015 Private Maritime Security
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management
- BS OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management